Joanne Cox - Nov 24, 2019
Since joining the HR team back in 2006 Joanne has been heavily involved in IGT’s community activities. The list of community initiatives that she is involved in or leads for IGT is long but here are just a few:
- She not only leads the Coats for Kids campaign, she begins shopping just after the Holidays when snow suits go on sale to provide kids the following year
- She has organized all our Holiday campaigns for children who without her involvement may not have presents from Santa on Christmas Day.
- She is solely responsible for organizing all of IGT’s volunteers for the Legs for Literacy Event of the past number of years!
- Along with IT she manages the sale of our laptops and desktop – all of these funds are given to IGT’s United Way Campaign
- She was heavily involved in the #Beccatoldmetoo events at IGT
- She organizes all of our volunteers for the United Way - Day of Caring
- Giving is always on her mind – she regularly finds new initiatives that she would like to support! Joanne is a magic maker not just for us at IGT but also for the number of people that her giving has touched!
A Magic Maker is someone who is community driven with a positive influence on their workplace or the community. Someone who goes the extra mile to make our city a better place.